The Corn Exchange forms part of a group of buildings within Brighton's Royal Pavilion Estate collectively known as the Dome, and is listed at Grade 1. It was designed by William Porden as an indoor riding school for the Prince Regent.
Construction began simultaneously with the Dome in 1804 but was only completed in 1808.
Arts Team undertook conservation work and the installation of the demountable theatre equipment that brought it to its present position as an important venue in Brighton's cultural life.
US Institute of Theatre Technology 2004, Honor Award
Civic Trust Award 2003, commendation
Brighton Corn Exchange
clientBrighton Dome & Museum Development Company
part of main contract | May 2000
photo: Martin Charles